Monday, September 20, 2010

Am I Crazy. Am I Not.

(Your crazy)...wait.. who said that?

Chemical Liar- that's who. New nick name for OCD...oh and did I mention?.. it's a real bitch. I wish it would get off my friggin back and give me a break. My family and I would much appreciate it-thanks.

Some days it feels this way, like today. I guess if it were cancer and I had a brain tumor, I might get a different reaction but since it's a "mental illness" or rather a chemical imbalance, it doesn't really exists and I'm really not experiencing anything real...so I deserve the treatment of a leper.

This isn't my first battle with OCD- the first time I experienced it I suffered in silence...ashamed. To be honest it probably won't be the last time either but I will always continue to fight. It can come and go in a lifetime like waves.

Makes me think, how many wonderful human beings before me have been through this that suffered in silence because of the JUDGEMENT of others..better yet, how many wonderful human beings would still be on this earth if they weren't afraid to reach out for help without the stigma????

No comments:

Post a Comment